The Kirkus

I set up this blog to help keep you updated on me and my ministry here at Redcloud. I will try to keep it updated every so often.

Friday, January 9, 2009

The New Year is Year

Well, as many of you know, to work here at Redcloud I am required to raise my own support. I have been employed here for 4 years now. Earlier the fall I ran really low on support. Just when I thought I was at a dead end, I came home with a check in my box that put me at the minimum support level until 2010. Praise be to God. So I know this is where God wants me now in my life. He has tought me so much working here. I would like to be here at Redcloud for a while. I feel like this camp has come so far in the last couple of year, and I would like to be here to be a part of it and watch grow.
Recently, I was given a book call Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. It really teaches a lot on getting out of debt and learning to live on a budget. The last couple of months I have been going through this book, and at the same time I have been paying off my truck. With God's provisions, I now am down to $1200 left on my truck, which is my ONLY debt. This is a great book I would recommend to everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kirk! :D